is it more true than not if your first was an angel then your second will be a handfull

every one tells me that layla is just to good of a baby and that the new baby due in dec will be a handfull whydo they say that is it common for one kid to be heaven and the other hell ?

kimandjames

Asked by kimandjames at 1:16 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in General Parenting

• LOL, it was true for my first and second. My oldest was a good baby, no colic, teething issues, terrible 2's etc. My second was a handful, full of energy, always in trouble, didnt let anyone touch her but myself and her father, and now she is the mouth of the south, she never stops talking LOL. They are very different but both angels in there own right...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 1:21 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• That was mostly true with my first 2. My oldest was an angel as a baby. She rarely cried, was fiercely independent and hated to be held, was always happy, etc. My son came along 15 months later and was the complete opposite. He had colic and reflux and cried constantly. He needed to be held at night to calm down (like we had to physically restrain his arms, legs and head because he would get so over stimulated). When we slept he HAD to be touching me which drove me nuts and I had to rock him to sleep in his carseat the first 3 1/2 months of his life or he wouldn't sleep at all.
    But things change. They are now 9 and almost 8 and my oldest is a monster. She is mouthy and defiant and just a big brat. She refuses to help around the house, talks back, is violent towards her siblings whereas my son is always helpful and nice. He'd do anything for me or his younger sisters (he's terrified of his older sister, though).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:13 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Well I certainly hope the opposite is true, my son is five and a nightmare at times.....I used to think it was just me and him being a normal 5 year old, but everyone agrees he is quite the handful. I'm hoping that means this baby will be the quiet layed back one!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:35 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Well, yeah it was true for my first two !
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 2:43 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I think it's wrong for other people to be waiting for your new baby to turn into a demon child. If you treat the kid like he's going to be trouble, he probably will be!
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 2:57 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Well, I only have one child, Leila, and she was TOUGH in the first 3 months. I wasn't allowed to put her down. Then around 4 months, she became this wonderful, easy baby. Well now she is 12 months and into EVERYTHING. So imagine every child is an angel at some point and a handful at some point.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:38 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• This how it is for me, my oldest was a hard baby(till around 2) but ater that he has been so much easier then my youngest she was a super easy baby(till 12 months) but now she is such a handful(and then some). So it is true for us.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 4:19 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• It was true for me! And my third is a combo of the two!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 5:00 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• It wasn't really that true for me. My first was an angel. No problems. My second just as good but he is a bit more hyper. But as a baby he was just as wonderful as the first, slept well, ate well, didn't cry. They have different personalities so I would say that is what would make him more of a handful. My first is very laid back compared to my second. But they both listen very well and are good boys.
    Anonymous