What would you do if you were expected to make a birthday cake for your husband's side of the family and then get told you were going to get a bunch of crap from his family for being pregnant again?

Apparently they weren't pleased about me being pregnant again. My husband and I are so happy, but they aren't. They don't think I should be pregnant with a 20 month old. I know we can handle it so what's there problem? Now I get told today then I need to make a cake for tomorrow night because we are supposed to celebrate his grandmothers birthday. I don't really mind making the cake, but I really don't want to deal with getting lectured like a child for being pregnant when it's what we wanted. So, what should I do?! Better yet, what would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• i'd be nice & make the cake but if ppl started talking down to me for having another baby i'd tell them it's not their decision to make, it's mine & my dh's so back off
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:20 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I would make the cake and probably make the comment "Amazing what a pregnant women with a 20 month at home can do in one day" if someone said something to me.
    Anonymous

• Your husband should call and tell his mother to let everyone know its none of their business and she should let the rest of the family know that they better treat you nice if she wants to see her grandkids.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 1:23 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• tell them to go buy one and then mind their own business!!!
    Anonymous

• bake the cake and show your excitement about being pregnant again. It's your life. They can share your joy or kiss your...ok you know what I mean.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:26 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Well, I hope that you were asked to make the cake rather than told to do it. But if you agreed, you should make the cake. The one has nothing to do with the other. When I make something for someone, there are no strings attached. I do it because I want to and it doesn't matter if they upset me before they have recieved it. I don't do these things to get something out of it. I do it because I genuinely like to make people happy.

Now, as for someone making comments aobut you being pregnant again, you have a 20 month old, but I am assuming you have some time to go until you deliver the new baby. So, you will actually have a newborn and maybe a 28 month old at that time. They would be nearly 2 1/2 years apart. But, the most important thing, it isn't really any of their business unless they are helping to support you.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 1:32 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Make the cake and make the best darn cake that you've ever made...Now, as far as his family is concerned....you are a grown woman, married and taking care of your family. What difference is it to them if you're having another baby or not? See that's what I would tell t hem, with my hands on my hips and the biggest attitude ever. That will definitely get them to shut up!
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 1:56 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I'd make the cake and be nice to them. If they start in about the pregnancy cut in and say "well WE happen to be very thrilled to be adding to OUR family so soon".
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:10 PM on Jul. 31, 2009