2nd wedding ettiquette???

So I am getting married again!!! Extremely excited, know this is the right one!! So I actually did not plan my last wedding(ex mil did) or do any of the traditional wedding stuff so I have a couple ???'s. My Fiance' wants to register, we both have established households, I don't see the necessity other than it is fun. Should I consider registering? And my other question is there a real need for wedding consultant, I am on a tight budget already.

Thanx ladies!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• No need for a wedding consultant. To register is free, why not.
    Anonymous

• Wedding consultants are never 'needed' They are a nice convienence, but they cost big bucks. THEKNOT.com has answers to almost any question out there.

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:27 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• it never hurts to register. No wedding consultant. That would take away most of the fun! Do it your way.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:28 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:28 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• There is no need for a wedding consultant if you are on a tight budget - but if you've never planned a wedding before you will need a very good book and the advice of friends! If you're going to have a wedding, people will want to bring gifts and it's a good idea to give them ideas via a registry, OR if you already have everything you need, you could enclose a card asking that in lieu of gifts people donate to a favorite charity in your name.
    I married for the 2nd time last year. It was his first, but we both had households, so we already had 2 sets of silverware, everyday dishes, pots, pans, crystal, i already had china, towels, sheets, etc. BUT the things we asked for were - a new set of everyday dishes (so we could have "ours" - we sold both of our other sets), new bedding for "our" bed, new towels (my bathroom sets were too girly for him, we traded in my pale yellow and white for taupe and brown lol), etc.

Answer by missanc at 1:30 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I think that second weddings should be done quietly and with only immediate family present, if they want to be there. I do not think it is appropriate to register nor to have a big fancy church wedding. I do think it is perfectly appropriate to have as big a party as you can afford, calling it a reception, if that's what you want to call it, and invite anyone you choose to that.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:33 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• You can have a wedding consultant that won't cost anything. My cousins was my wedding consultant and I had a nice close intimate wedding with no less than 50 people. She took care of the small details that I would've forgotten about because I was too busy making sure everything was coordinated to the t. You can have an inexpensive wedding by allowing family / friends to help out...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:06 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Good for you!! I'm having a second wedding too the "right one." We are having a nice wedding inviting over 100 guests. Since we are established, we printed on the invite "No gifts please". However, at the insistence of my future sister-in-law, we registered for linens since she is giving us a shower. I believe that you should have as big and fancy a wedding that you can afford and that makes you happy. I don't agree that you should play it down and be ashamed of a second wedding. And you can wear white too!!! The only "rule" I've run across is that you shouldn't wear a vail.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 3:37 PM on Jul. 31, 2009