how early can her lungs developed?

I'm 33wks and 4days, just wanted to know how early they develop. I read somewhere that they develop at 34wks, but I'm not sure if that's true.

Lovin_mybaby5

Asked by Lovin_mybaby5 at 1:21 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• This is from americanpregnancy.org

At 38 weeks:
    What is happening with your baby?
    Your baby is continuing to grow, but the vast majority of his/her organs are mature and fully functioning. The only exceptions are his/her brain and lungs. These two organs are at a point that they will function outside of the womb, but will also continue to mature during childhood.

At 34 weeks:
    the lungs are well developed. While most health care providers would ideally like you to carry up to 38 to 40 weeks, your baby has a good chance of surviving outside of your uterus at this time. *
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:27 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• They are not fully developed until 37 weeks, if the doc is worried you may go into early labor they will give you injects to help the babys lungs, just in case.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 1:23 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• all i know the lungs is the last thing to devlop so im guessing around 37 weeks since 37 is when a baby is considered full term.
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 1:25 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I had my son at 33 weeks he was in the NICU for 33 days he was on CPAP for 23 days and could finally breath room air than he had to learn how to eat sounds crazy but he could not take the bottle or breast he was nose tube feed and had to learn how to suck it was hard he weighed 5 pounds 9 oz too it was hard but he is fine now

Anonymous