What to ask a potential daycare provider?

We are getting ready to look for someone to watch our son who is 2. What are some questions we should ask? I dont want to forget something to ask! Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It all depends on if you're looking at a daycare or an in-home care situation. We choose in-home care for our daughter. We asked several questions:
    1) What materials will you provide (food, wipes, etc)
    2) What materials will we need to provide (playpen, food, diapers, cups, etc)
    3) What are your rates? Do you have a weekly pay rate or a daily pay rate or both?
    4) What about the times when my family is on vacation and you will not be watching my child?
    5) At what point (fever-wise) will you call me and have me come pick up my child?
    6) How many other children are here and what are their ages
    7) What kinds of activities will you plan to broaden my child's horizons?

I can't think of any others right now. Good luck!
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 1:27 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I would ask about sick policy for the children, certifcations, cleaning practices. I'm all about stopping in to see whats' going on verse asking questions. If they refuse to let you drop by, that's a big red flag. Does the place look clean, are there age apprirpiate toys, how are the toys cleaned? LIke the pp said, it depends on the type of day care, too.
    Anonymous

• http://www.babycenter.com/0_how-to-find-good-daycare_5924.bc

lots of good info within the article. I'm sure there's a list of questions in there too.
    Anonymous