What do you think this is?

A few mos ago I started out with what I thought was hemrrohids and I got some prep H. After using it for a while my butt was still really itchy. Then my vagina started itching really bad and now from scratching it so much it is cracked and bleeding. You, know like little cuts and when I pee and the pee hits the cuts it burns like hell! I also tried yeast meds but that isn't working either so it must not be a yeast infection. I know this is gross but I can't stop itching and I don't have the money to pay for a doctor visit. It isn't an std either because I haven't had sex in years. So what do you think this could be?

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Health

• It could very well be an STD. Some of them can lay dormant for years, and reappear every so often. I would try a vaginal cream and use Vagisil powder to help heal and dry the area. If it doesn't begin to clear up in a couple of days, I would figure out a way to pay for a doctor's appointment.

• O gosh I don't know! The only thing to do would be go to the doc. Get some hydrocortozone ( this word is probly misspelled but close enough) cream it will help the itching ( you Can get it at the Dollar General for about a dollar) but I would try to get into a doc ASAP. Good luck that would drive me crazy.

• Could be vaginitis or cervicitis...look on and check their sympton checker.
    Good luck!

Answer by drpepper73 at 1:35 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Google "Community Health Centers" to find the master Web site of government-run health clinics that will see anyone, regardless of their ability to pay. You can drill down to find the location of a clinic near you.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:04 PM on Jul. 31, 2009