How can I get mildew stain out of my daughters green shirt?

Someone put a wet towl in the laundry and now there are black spots all over my daughters shirt

Lindy212

Asked by Lindy212 at 1:29 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in General Parenting

• I haven't been able to find anything that will take out the mildew stains. I end up tossing the clothes that have done this. Someone asked this question awhile back and one mom said to keep the shirt for later play clothes, or art coverups.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 2:34 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Try this.... it worked for rust when nothing else would!!

Just squirt on some lemon juice.... I used the stuff in the bottle that had been in my fridge for ages!! And let it dry in the sunshine. Good luck!!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 2:54 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• try Carbona Stain Devils. I love them. There are 10 formulations for different types of stains. According to the packaging, mildew is formula number 8 which is Fruit and Red Wine.

I have several in our house as basic staples, Like Ink and Crayon, Ketchup and Sauce, and Coffee,tea, Cola (which works on chocolate stains too!) , and Grease,Oil and Fat (great with Mayo stains.)

Be sure to follow the directions.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 3:40 PM on Jul. 31, 2009