What is going on? Depression? Pre-menopausal? Put me out of my misery!

I have a doctor's appointment Monday to figure this out, but I wanted to get some feedback about other things that I can ask him about... Ok. I'm 32 years old, have 3 children, and am in relatively good health (blood pressure/cholesterol levels good, blood sugar good, nothing that I take any regular meds for...) I am overweight. I have NO energy. I don't sleep well at night. I am usually boiling up when everyone else is comfortable or cold (however, they're not "flashes" --- it's a steady inferno). Sex? FORGET IT - don't come near me. I am emotional and highly irritable and can cry at the drop of a hat (but don't feel generally sad). Again, I'm going to tell him all these symptoms, but can you think of anything else that I might need to take inventory of to ask him about? I'm MISERABLE!!!!!

wan2bprov31

Asked by wan2bprov31 at 1:34 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Health

• My first thought was hormones out of balance in relation to your thyroid. Get him to check it! Dont eat or drink before going in so they can do blood workup if they need to!
    Good luck!
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 6:30 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Sounds a little like depression to me. Good luck, I have generalized anxiety disorder and depression and a little OCD.
    mommy2karsyn

Answer by mommy2karsyn at 1:55 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• IT SOUND LIKE DEPRESSION. BLESSING ON!
    MARY1920

Answer by MARY1920 at 2:18 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• It's sounds like hypothyroidism to me...the weight gain, no sex drive, no energy are the bigger symptoms. Have your doctor order a simple blood test to check thyroid levels. He may put you on a low dose thyroid medication to help control the symptoms.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:12 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Ok, it could be all of the above and what i definately think it is that you have are parasites in your intestines. paraites can cause all of the above mentioned symptoms, and much much more. girl have you done a colon cleanse then a parasite clense? doctors will try to get you on medications to treat those systems before they mention parasites if they do, at all. i had all that you have, and i am doing my colon cleanse. and change my diet. lots of WATER, no sodas, cut the breads and have whole grain instead maybe twice a wek if you like, lots of veggies, fruits and VERY little white meat. hope you fel better soon,
    ashleyamanda

Answer by ashleyamanda at 2:23 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I have the same problem. I have a hormone imbalance. My doctor had me on some medication to help with it. I did not do well with it. I found out through my cousin about Suzanne Somers and Bioidentical Hormones which are natural and better for you. Robin McGraw, Oprah Winfrey, and Suzanne Somers swear by them. I am going through testing right now to see what my hormone levels are. Your symptoms sound so much like mine. See if you can find a book called Ageless by Suzzane Somers she has a list of doctors for this. Or you can google Body Logic Mds. I thought it was my thyroid but the test came back okay. Best of luck to you. Any questions just ask. Hugs, Diana Straley
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on Aug. 6, 2009