Do you pay book rental for your childs school books?

I was told there is only 3 states that charge book rental for the students books. I know I do have to pay the fee, do you have to as well?

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 1:37 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No, I live in wisconsin, and all the books are just handed out. I did have to pay for a drivers ed book.
    But even the Spanish books (which you wrote in) were covered.
    I only had to buy basic materials, pens, paper, notebooks.
    The only thing our school charged for was lunch, Parking permit (100.00 a year) and sports fee, which was like a deposit for the uniforms.
    Anonymous

• No - my kids go to public school, I guess that's what my taxes are for.

Answer by missanc at 1:41 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I am in Indiana and I was curious if other states charged book rental fees. I know Kentucky doesn't.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:42 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Missanc my son is in public school as well. There are not private schools where I live.
    ronjwake

• ronjwake... where at in indiana? i live in louisville and no we dont ahve to pay book rental fees but my 5th grade stepdaughter has a $800 list of school supplies, and we have to deal with kids being shipped to schools over 30 miles away! id gladley pay $100 for books to ahve my child go to the school we choose to live by!
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 1:46 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• 2cute I live about an hour and 15 minutes from Louisville, I live In Tell City. $800 on school supplies, what in the world does your child have to have? That is insane!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:50 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• We don't pay fees for book rental either. I had to in high school for a few work books, but those were ones that we got to keep at the end of the year. My son brought home math work books at the end of his schoolyear both the past two years, and we didn't have to cover the cost of those. We live in Southwest Colorado.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:57 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• well our 1/2 of the list was....

15 boxes of kleenexes< girls only>
    5 bottles hand sanitizer, 3 packs<24ct> crayons, 1 box computer paper, 20 notebooks, 20 floders,

all i can remember off the top of my head
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 2:12 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• 2cuteboys are you flipping serious? That is insane! Is the school in financial trouble or has this always been a part of their supply list? I would tell the teacher to stick that list where the sun don't shine!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:18 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• haha i have no clue! last year we were supposed to buy her clothes so we didnt know how much supplies were, and the 2 years before that SO never told me how much stuff was.... i told him if the district dosent get its shit together before our 3 year old starts school im sending him to school in indiana with my mom!
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 2:24 PM on Jul. 31, 2009