Do you follow school dress codes at your child's school when picking up, dropping off, or attending events?

I assume the children are expected to dress a certain way and as a parent, I am expected to adhere to that same standard. Anyone else think that way, or you do wear things that wouldn't fit into the dress code?

Mom1Stepmom1

Asked by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:46 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• NOPE! I did my turn at school! Im done! I will wear what I want when I want sorry
    Anonymous

• I wear what I want, spaghetti straps if it's hot.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 1:48 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• well, I don't wear things that are against dress code, simply because I'm fat, and nothing I own would be against dress code, but I do smoke on school grounds, and was threatened a ticket once, even thou I was minding my own business in my car!! Also, once I was told to cover my tattoo while in the school- I told them I had nothing to cover it up with, sorry. I got the dirtiest look.

Anonymous

• I normally dress by what what they consider code. I am sure there have been times I wore spaghetti straps though.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:53 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I don't cover up my tattoos and I never would. What actually got me thinking about this was registration this past week. I was there while many other parents were as well. Most of us had our children with us, a few of us did not. This one woman had kids shying away from her and I couldn't figure out why. As I got closer I saw that she was wearing a shirt that depicted a grim reaper of sorts holding a severed head. So I guess, more my question is, would you wear something that advertises violence, alcohol, drugs, foul language. Things like that?
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:53 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• No, I do not wear those type of shirts anyway mom1. I am a bit old to wear those types I think..LOL
    I don't even buy my teenage son those kind of shirts.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:02 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I would NEVER wear something that advertises those things in a school, The only thing I would own would be shirts that says things like " I would love to be like you, but I can't get my head that far up my ass" I don't think an adult, unless showing WAY to much body off should hvae to follow those rules, Rule of tumb should be, if it will embarrass your kid, don't wear it into the school. Otherwise, drugs, violence, language and alcohol, yeah, probably shouldn't be worn in there either.

Anonymous

• i will wear stuff that wouldn't fit in (spaghetti straps, shorts not fingertip length) when i'm dropping off or picking up, but when I'm actually going to be in the school i try to wear things that look professional and nice so my kids will be proud of me.

Answer by missanc at 2:09 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I live in the 2nd largest school district in the country. I have yet to see parents adhere to it. The parents even stand outside the front door and smoke before going inside. I thought you had to be a certain distance away. Tattoo's and tank tops, even on women with "muffin top" wear tank tops. There really aren't any standards around this area, compared to the rest of Minnesota
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:28 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I work in a school so generally I come from one school to the other and I am dressed appropriately. But I agree with who ever said that if it would embarrass my kid I wouldn't wear it.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 3:16 PM on Jul. 31, 2009