Its sad when you dont even want the sweet baby boy that is given to you. How can you call yourself a mom?

To the lady who wants a REFUND or EXCHANGE for your adopted son because you wanted a girl, your sick. Get off cafemom. Something is wrong with you. When your pregnant you get a 50/50 chance anyways. So if you gave birth to a boy not a girl you would be like "Take it back! I want a refund!" NO tough shi*!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Adoption

• No people don't exchange adopted kids Anon:11 but when someone is set on what gender they want in a child and are upset they didn't get it, they take it out on the kid. My nephew's mother is a perfect example. She was so sure she would have a daughter and was pissed when my nephew was born. She tells him she can't stand that he looks like his dad, dotes on his younger sister more and my nephew hates his mother because of the open dislike his mother portrays. My ex-SIL is no mother in my eyes.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 2:13 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Pretty sure it was someone's idea of a joke. Just let it go. Nobody really tries to exchange adopted kids.
    Anonymous

• omg, I hope this isn't true. Do ppl really do things like that?

Answer by admckenzie at 2:13 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• If you missed the question...here it is.
    But yes, it's pretty appalling that someone would ask this, especially if they are serious, but even if they are just trying to start drama.

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/260609/We_adopted_a_boy_baby_but_dont_want_it_any_more?cat_id=&next=31#r_foot
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 2:15 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Yes it created quite a stir as I'm sure was the askers intentions. I believe we all made our point and the site should really take action against this person for asking such an outlangish question in such a flaming way. I have never nor do I hope to ever again see such a question about a child. Not only is it disrespectful to the child in question, but it is also disrespectful of every good parent alive.
    MinnieMagic

Answer by MinnieMagic at 2:25 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• sorry *outlandish*... I just can't seem to type. :)
    MinnieMagic

Answer by MinnieMagic at 2:26 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• There's no way that was true. It was just someone trying to make trouble.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 2:42 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Can't be true. It takes a minimum of 6 months of the baby living in your home to finalize the adoption. Child may have been placed but no way has he been adopted thank goodness.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 2:59 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Unfortunately, it does happen.... it is called disruption. It happens a lot actually. It sucks...the children go through enough grief and then to be in a disrupted adoption....
    I have online friends that have been through a disruption and it is very painful for all involved. The ones I know did not disrupt due to wrong gender though...it was a safety issue for their families.
    I would hope that the *person* that made the thread was not serious...but, you can never tell anymore..sigh. All we can do is hope that if it is true that the child is well cared for by someone that will actually love him for who he is...not his gender.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 3:09 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• The sad things people are saying that about biological children. I bet you can remember talking to someone who said - I don't want a boy, if it is another boy-I will cry, I don't want to know what it is because I don't want to be depressed if it is boy or girl.
    Who about I cried when I found out I was pregnant because I don't want another child. I don't want this baby.
    Anonymous