Want the truth? Have you read the bill?

Ok so everyone is telling rumors, lies and truths but no one knows which is which. So, here is the bill READ IT OR SHUT UP!

http://www.capwiz.com/afanet/webreturn/?url=http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.3200:

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 2:09 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I have read it and honestly I only understood about 50% of it. The one thing that sticks out for me is page 16 in which it seems to me eventually all the health care insurance companies will be run out of business. ???? All the jobs lost?????
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 2:25 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Page 16 dillonsma? Thomas doesn't number their pages. So what section are you talking about?

itsmesteph what EXACTLY is your gripe?

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 2:33 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Good luck reading it. I was right in the middle, and now all the details have been deleted.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 2:51 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• The gripe from page 16 is that it says, starting from the first day of the year this legislation goes into effect, no independent insurance company may accept new customers. You may keep any private insurance you currently have, but if you wish to change insurance or if your employer makes a change, then you MUST enroll in the gov't option. If a private ins company wants to be able to have new clients, it must become part of the Gov't Exchange - no longer independent.

I have downloaded the bill from earlier this week. When they come out with their "improved" compromise"bill, I want to line it up beside the first and see whether they removed the REAL problems.

Fact is, the entire premise of the bill is totalitarian (as in not voluntary) and Socialist (as in gov't controlling citizens' transactions with both their ins. companies and their doctors/clinics)

No compromise will help

"The only winning move is NOT TO PLAY"
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:52 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• There is a lot of speechifying about how this healthcare reform MUST happen immediately, how the American people need relief NOW.

Yet, this bill's reforms would not begin until 2013 - coincidentally AFTER Obama's re-election campaign.

If the rush on this is truthfully in response to citizens' needs, then why the delay? It leaps to the mind that the liberals could not GET re-elected if Americans had had to deal with the realities of this health plan.

Okay then, if they don't want it to take effect until after the 2012 election, why not wait a couple of years to deal with this plan? Because the longer it waits to be passed, the more citizens and media have time to read it and condemn its flaws. And after the 2010 elections, they may well have fewer Congressmen willing to vote for it.

It is a MAJOR re-organization of everyone's lives - just like the Cap & Trade will be.

The proponents KNOW what they're doing.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:01 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Good point, Waldorfmom.

I read large parts of this bill, and most of it seems to deal with appointing people to oversee various new programs. Very little actually has anything to do with actually providing health care for the uninsured/underinsured.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 3:12 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• People are scared of the unknown and change. I am tired of people saying leave health care alone. Have you had to go without health care? I had twins and was in the hospital for 10 days. Our bill before insurance was close to $100, 000. I still have to pay $5000, but imagine if I didn't have health care because I lost my job. It is hypocritical for people to say I am a christian help those less fortunate but if they don't have health care not my problem. I am sure they have a long way to go before health care is reformed but I think great...good for you! All this talk of socialism is FOX News trying to scare people. Atleast he trying to get something done that people have talked about doing for years.
    Anonymous

• Waldorf said it exactly. Thats the same reason cap and tax wont come in effect until after the next election. People will no way vote for them if they have felt the effects of either.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:20 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Anon 2:13 What you fail to realize is this won't help anyone until 2013. If this is an emergency then why wait so long to implement it? Why wait so long to spend the Stimulus money much of it won't be spent until 2012. Why wait to implement Cap and Trade until after the next Presidential election. If these things were so important why are they not going to be implemented immediately after they are passed? Seems this is not about helping those that actually need help but more about winning an election and in Obama's second term taking everything over completely. Doesn't sound like a good plan to me. Maybe this is to you but many Americans don't want their lives controlled anymore than they are by Government. I know I don't. reason I used common sense and did not vote for Obama.
    Anonymous

• clappingWaldorfmom YOU ROCK BABE!

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:10 PM on Jul. 31, 2009