Work at home

I currently have an at home job that I love but I also need something else on the side. I DO NOT want to sell anything!! I do not want to do the online survey stuff, I need money, not a trip to Hawaii, no opinion outpost, no cashcrate, no my two cents, none of that. I was looking into freelance, if anyone could tell me more about that I would greatly appreciate it, all other options are welcome as well. Thanks!

nakoal87

Asked by nakoal87 at 2:12 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Money & Work

• Well if you have specific skills in which you have a degree and experience in the area you want to freelance in I would suggest freelance.com as a place to start! May not be as easy these days! Most that work from home, at least on these boards either sell something or offer a service (such as a daycare)
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:18 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Are you looking for a JOB on the side or a home business? Ameriplan is your own business so you get freat tax write offs and you can work it VERY PT and make a good income!!
    There is no selling or cold calling. It's not hard to do and doing really well with the recession. I'd love to chat with you :) ChristinaLDennis@gmail.com or you can look over my site as well www.IBOPlus.com/ChristinaDennis

I work only while my 1yr old naps so you don't have to put in a ton of hours :)
    ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 3:07 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Well, I honestly know nothing about freelance. I have tried to look in to it, but all I get are brick walls. I do have a business you may be interested in. However like all businesses there is a small fee...

Just take the Free Tour and see what you think, if you have questions, let me know...
    www.EarnWithFreebies.net

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:16 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I have been working part-time from home with http://www.evelyn1.fourpointconsultants.com It is the best way to work from home and be your own boss. You can fill out REQUEST INFO for an appointment.
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 4:04 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with three lines of business; I am doing lead generation for a sales and service organization; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview prep.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:04 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• m-avi

I  have a started another work at home article series on eHow.  They contain excellent ideas, resources and information.  You can check what I have so far here in my Journal here at Cafemom: 

Work at Home Series

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:28 PM on Jul. 31, 2009