CLASSICS OF HORROR class in Highschool and a Weegi board- Your opnions?

Its a very neat idea, and I think the kids will enjoy it.
They will be reading classic horror books, doing "horror" projects like making mock horror films, doing reserch on "haunted" places around the world.
However, I found out the teacher brought Weegi boards to the class to "contact the dead" as a project.
I thought this class sounded amazing, especially because it was used as an English credit for graduation, until I learned of the weegi board...
I think this was a LITTLE over the top, and parent permission forms should have been sent out.
Whats your opnion.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Horror and weegi board..yep, sounds like a good match to me!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:16 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I agree. That's way over the top.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:16 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• umm..i guess it depends on the age of the students, but yeah i agree with you
    Anonymous

• btw, it OUJI BOARD!
    Anonymous

• I would not allow my child to participate in such a class, and I would be contacting the principal of the school to make sure that person and the Board of Education were aware of this. The Ouija board is not just a toy. Think of it in terms of sending your child to a psychic, a tarot card reader, a palm reader, or anything in that realm.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:19 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I can not believe how many mothers think this is so horrible. That is exactly why kids are the way they are, they can not hang off your tits for the rest of their lives. This kid is in high school, do you think they have never done or seen anything you don't agree with? Who didn't inform the media that they gave birth to a second Jesus?!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:22 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• A Ouiji board is a GAME! Get over it!
    Anonymous

• My only issue with Ouija boards is I think they are capable of opening portals to demons.
    Anonymous

• I would have been uncomfortable with the Ouija (it's a combo of two words for "yes" - "Oui" and "ja"), depending on the context in which they were used. If they were used as a "genuine" method, I'd have been a little concerned. But if they were used as a way to teach how people can consciously or subconsciously affect the outcome on the board, then I'd have been okay with it.

But depending on the age of the students, I would probably be cool with the class itself.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 2:54 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Horror films & the class...ok-ouija boards, NO!
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 3:10 PM on Jul. 31, 2009