Broken tailbone?

I gave birth four months ago. During the post-partum period, I had the oh-so-lovely hemorrhoids and a load of stitches, so I wasn't paying attention to what my back felt like. Lately, I've noticed no signs of hemorrhoids, but I've got screaming back pain located dead center of my arse crack, especially when moving from sitting to standing. Sitting for extended periods is turning into an unpleasant experience.

I'm uninsured, so tromping off to the doctor immediately isn't my first option. Has anyone else had this problem? Do you know of any home treatments, or is it a case of just suck it up? If you went to a doc for treatment, did it do any good?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Health

• Yes I had a fractured tailbone when I had my daughter. I found it hard to sit down or get up. I went to the doc a few times and they didn't seem to concerned until I went in crying then they sent me to get an xray and there is was. They told me that they were not concerned initially because it can be just ur liagments softening. But when they saw the fracture they had told me it had already started to heal and that it looked fine just take some ibuprofen.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 2:21 PM on Jul. 31, 2009