Is it wrong of me to feel this way?

I dont have a boyfriend or a husband I am going to be a single mom. My friends have boyfriends or husbands and everytime they have a problem with them they come to me. I dont mind because that is what friends do is listen to your friends and let them vent. Well I dont have a car or way to get anywhere so I sit at home and so stuff around the house and take care of stuff that is needed to be done. Well when I want to talk to them because I am feeling down they wont even make the time of day and they just ignore me. I am starting to feel resentment. Is this wrong? My friend is also pregnant with her second and I am with my first and everyone is showing my friend excitement but no one shows any interest in my pregnancy. I want someone to share the excitement with but my friends dont seem to care. Is it wrong for me to feel like this or am I just being a baby about it?

crazypinkzebra

Asked by crazypinkzebra at 2:44 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• If your friends are close to you then you need to speak up. Don't let them walk all over you, if there are true friends they will hear you out when you tell them that you need help as well.
    frenzied

Answer by frenzied at 2:47 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I have talked to them but it seems like they are dumb as a board sometimes. I am the one out of us that is out spoken and doesnt let anyone walk all over me. For some odd reason though when I have talked to them it seems to go in one ear and out the other.
    crazypinkzebra

Answer by crazypinkzebra at 2:56 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• ditto
    good answer frenzies

maybe make some new friends also
    can not have too many friends

is there a support group in your area for single moms
    check out the phone book and make some calls

and you always have "US" on cafe mom

congrates on your baby
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 2:58 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• you have to tell ppl what you need from them. Many have their own lives and assume you have things taken care of. Tell them what you need. As for enthusiasm, not sure how to get that out of ppl except to continue to show it yourself (for yourself not always for them.) It's ok to be a bit selfish.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:42 PM on Jul. 31, 2009