how do I clear up a drool rash?

my ds is 8 months old and has a nasty drool rash on his chin and on side of his cheek... what can i use to clear it that'll be safe for him to eat... because you know he will

faithfulmomof1

Asked by faithfulmomof1 at 2:50 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I've heard of a lot of people using Aquaphor (sp?) and I did too for a while till I found Grandma El's rash cream. I cloth diaper and needed something safe for DD's dipes. I use ONLY that now and for every thing, diaper rash, drool rash, her eczema. I will never use any thing else!! I highly recommend it for .... well, just about every type of skin rash!
    http://www.grandmaels.com/
    DirtyMonkey

Answer by DirtyMonkey at 2:54 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• rub desitin on it
    danichaos

Answer by danichaos at 2:55 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• DON'T put desitin on it!!
    This is strait from their web site!!!!
    "Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away."
    DirtyMonkey

Answer by DirtyMonkey at 2:59 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• i was told by a nurse to use a thin layer of vaseline, hope it helps..
    NewMomKelly

Answer by NewMomKelly at 3:01 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• My son always had it really bad. We used the Aquaphore, worked awesome.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 3:07 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• A thin layer of any protectant will work (A&D is my favorite). The only thing you need to be careful about is a yeast infection. My son had it under his chin from drooling. You need to use an anti fungal to get rid of it. We had to go back and fourth weekly between the two in order to get rid of the rash and then the yeast infection. Good luck.
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 4:38 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I put breastmilk on any and all skin issues. I even use it on my acne. It works better than any medication that I have ever used.
    aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 12:33 AM on Aug. 1, 2009