my baby's daddy wants me back.. and its causing a problem

so recently my son's father broke up with his girlfriend and all of a sudden wants me back. he won't leave me alone about hanging out and taking me out to dinner, but im completely over him and I have a boyfriend as well. he's starting to say things like "well if you don't hang out with me im not going to take cameron this weekend" and it wouldn't even be a big deal but i have to work on the weekends so i depend on him to take my son. i can't afford a babysitter either so how am i supposed to deal with this???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• Thats just wrong for him to say he wont take his son if u don't hang out with him. U could arrange another sitter if posible, but i would not go hang out with him, that would be just wrong since u have a boyfriend
    angels4262

Answer by angels4262 at 3:05 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I would take that to court and just get him to pay you child support because its like he is trying to blackmail you into being with him. Thats just not right. But if you get child support then you would have to money for a sitter.
    Anonymous

• How childish...resorting to blackmail.
    Anonymous

• I agree with Anon. He is using your son as blackmail? Hmm sounds like a GREAT man and father. *Rolls eyes* Does he not pay child support? If not I would probably get on that so that you CAN afford a sitter on the weekends. By no means would I hang out with him though. If you are happy with a new man now and you and your son are doing good without this other scumbag in the picture than you need to try and make it work to stay that way.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 3:13 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• That is wrong of him to hold your ds over your head. Doesn't sound like someone you'd want to be with long term anyway. If you don't go out with him he won't see his son??? He should want to see his son! Sounds like he is manipulating you....later it will be if you don't give me sex I won't see my son.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 3:13 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Find a way to afford a babysitter. I know it's easier said than done. But think- the next step is going to be "Hang out with me or I WILL take the kid and maybe you won't get him back". Next time, line up a babysitter for the day- just one day- and tell him "Fine, don't." It may take 2 days or even 2 weekends. But eventually he will get the point.
    emhain

Answer by emhain at 3:48 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• First off stop going out to dinne with him. Secondly, let him know if he wants to see his child he will take him on his scheduled days or you will seek to get soul custody. Don't play his game. If he choses to not see his child you will need to find a back up plan. Family, friends or someone. Don't do anything with him keep contact to only discussing your child. That way you are not sending him mixed signals.
    Anonymous

• he's obviously one of those men who can't stand being alone and wants to jump from gf back to you to have someone in his life and if you won't play the game with him he'll punish you by not watching his own son. He's very immature. I'd start by telling him that I'm sorry that his relationship with gf didn't work out but that I'm happy with bf and hope that he'd respect that. I'd also add that it would hurt the child in missing the weekend with him and I know that he wouldn't want to hurt his own son by shutting him out of his life.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:57 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Take that man to court!
    Anonymous

• Tell him "OK, I will send you a bill for the daycare..since you are parenting because I have to work."
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 5:00 PM on Jul. 31, 2009