Music

My 16 year old son is starting to want to go to concerts alone. My husband and I are debating this. At what age do you think is ok to go to a music concert without parents?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Probably soon, 16, 17 or so, it might depend on the concert, who it is, the type of fans, if you know what I mean.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 4:00 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• i went with friends when i was 17
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:45 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• My 16 yo dd goes to concerts with a group of friends. If it is in the city a parent goes too. But the small venues they go with just friends. I like when there is at least 4 going.
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 6:47 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I dunno I'm not there for a while, I would say 17 or 18 depending on the maturity level of my child AND his friends. Even if my son is very level headed I would hate for him to get wrapped up in something stupid because his friends are not as level and mature as he is. I would also consider the venue and what is around it. What kinds of fans the group has. What kind of trust my son has built up. If I did let him go alone I would set up check in times even during the show and a strict curfew if he wanted to ever do it again. It's kind a lot to consider along with some trial and error I would think.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:08 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• as long as he is respectable and responsible i see no problem
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 11:05 PM on Jul. 31, 2009