In need of more reading

My 16 year old daughter is not much of a reader. But she had read the twilight books. Does anyone know of any other books that are simalar or just as good that she may like to try?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Try the website www.readkiddoread.com

It really depends on her interests. Take her to Barnes and Noble or another bookstore and let her browse the young adult section or other sections and see what she is interested in. That is how I found some of my favorite books, just reading the descriptions on the back of the book or it was a subject I wanted to learn more about.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:34 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• You could hit the local library and ask someone. They even have lists to work from. grannywilson
    grannywilson

Answer by grannywilson at 3:53 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Has she read The Dangerous Days of Daniel X? It's about a teenage boy who is actually an alien who hunts other dangerous aliens. I think it's going to be the first in a series. Oh it's by James Patterson. And if she's into vampires what about some of Ann Rice's books. They will probably be more graphic than the Twilight books. What you might want to try is going to Amazon.com and when you find an item, like the Twilight books it will say "people who bought this also bought these" and give you a list of things that people who bought the Twilight books bought as well. It may give you some ideas. I can't remember what I was reading at that age, but I hope this helps.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 3:54 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Here are books my 14 year old enjoys:
    Gossip Girl
    It Girls
    Clique Books
    The Spellman series by Lisa Lutz
    The VI Warshawsky series by Sara Paretsky

Answer by rkoloms at 4:09 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• She will like the House of Night series and Janet Evanovich has some easy reading books that are so funny
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 4:11 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• The Dresden files? I like those.  He is a supernatural private investigator.  He deals with ghost, vampires, werewolves, warlocks, dark magic...It's series on the sci-fi channel but it's nothing like the books.   try this site to.

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:15 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• sisterhood of the traveling pants, i know its not vampire related but its cute
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 11:04 PM on Jul. 31, 2009