Best fit of all time?!

What's the best fit your toddler has had? Or that you have had or have seen? By fit, I mean serious, over the top, yelling screaming, throwing, whatever! Funny or sad or just plain frustrating! Whatever you want to share.

For example, my mom *always* brings this up. I didn't want to leave the mall, so had a fit in the parking lot. They all got into the car and closed the doors. I freaked ran to the car and grabbed onto the handle kicking and screaming at the car. Could you imagine seeing that?! I must have been 3 or 4 at the time. I'm 27 now and only do that on Tuesday nights. :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My personal favorite is too long for this board. But you can read it here:
    http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1272348/The_Bath_Goop_Disaster
    emhain

Answer by emhain at 4:00 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• We haven't really had a fit yet.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 4:07 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• emhain - that is awesome! Sucked, I'm sure in the middle of it, but soooo funny to imagine. I have a video of my daughter having a mild fit. She'd calm down, then as soon as she noticed the camera, it'd start back up so it seemed never ending. I tried hard not to laught as it only upset her more. The funny thing, she was hungry and got soooo mad because I left her to make her dinner. She was around 18 months at the time
    Anonymous

• Yeah, my little one is a handful. She once followed me from room to room screaming because I was taking a video of her. Mind you, SHE was following ME, but she still pitched a fit anyway, lol.

My mom says someday I'll miss these days.

I think my mom might be nuts :)
    emhain

Answer by emhain at 4:15 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• my toddler has tantrums with head banging,
    so you could ask me this question every day
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 4:21 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• My 2.5yr old son had his worst tantrum a couple of months ago when I was visiting my sister.

My nephew is 11 months younger than my son and my sister and I have VERY different parenting styles.
    My son threw the hugest fit(and I don't blame him really) after he got put in a time out for hitting his cousin.
    My husband and I don't agree with the whole "kids will be kids" b.s. that my sister and her partner believe in. To us that's just lazy parenting.

My nephew was getting away with irritating my son and poking at him and smacking at him so when my son got punished for finally smacking him back, he lost it.
    I had to take him to a different part of the house because he was screaming so loud.

He was frustrated because he was getting into trouble for the same thing that his cousin was getting away with.
    Like I said, I don't blame him for getting so upset but I'm also not going to just let it slide when he hits someone else.
    Anonymous

• My 18 month old is nuts! lol She will get soooo mad at you if you take something from her. I always say "Give that to mommy please" or "Can mom have that?" and if she doesn't i take it and say "thank you" Anyways one day she took a pen off the table and started to write all over herself with it. So i asked her for it and she said no. So i asked again she said no again. So i went to take and she fought me lol Sooo when i took it from her finally she threw herself on the floor and started to scream. I told her she was ok and to get up everything was fine. I tried to give her something else to play with and she ran to the door banging on it screaming! And she just kept screaming. I finally just left the room. She actually followed me! Just to scream. Anyways that lasted forever and when i laughed it made it worse. But she never throws fits so it was pretty bad for me to deal with lol
    Anonymous

• My son this morning, almost 21 months old threw himself on the floor screaming and kicking because I wouldn't add more milk in his cereal. Mind you, he refused already to eat it over and over and I already DID add more milk and More cereal by his request once. I took his bowl and said ALL DONE and threw it away and went to get ready and he followed me to 3 rooms and in each room threw himself on the floor again in upset.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:42 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Mine is not as cute as your but I do remember going out to eat with my parents and when we were done I wanted to go some place to go eat...then I peed on the floored accidentally :(
    Anonymous

• My 2 year old pitched a tantrum today because she doesn't have a penis and she wants one. We visited a 2 year old who was potty training, and he wasn't wearing pants when we got there. Try reasoning with a kid about that.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 7:24 PM on Jul. 31, 2009