How do you feel about vaccinations for babies?

I've already made my choice. I'm not here to ask what to do for my child, I am just curious as to how other new moms feel about getting their babies vaccinated. Some are adamantly against doing it, some fear autism scares, some feel they are perfectly safe and others just do it to get their kids into school. How do you feel about this topic and why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is not black or white – vax or don’t vax.
    I can't urge you strongly enough to do your own research!! Do not base your decision on opinions. Many people read the same information and have differing conclusions. Our conclusions were that the preservatives are toxic and the interaction between the vaccines can be dangerous; we also feel that teeny bodies can handle only so much intrusion at a time.
    We choose to selectively vaccinate on a delayed schedule. The first vax was after our daughter turned one. We never did more than one vax per office visist. We had the office order single dose, preservative free vaccines; we concluded that the additives to the vaccines and the interactions between the vaccines posed the greatest danger. We skipped flu, chicken pox, and a couple of others.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:05 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I'm getting them done. If autism is a danger - there is no solid proof that it is - it is very rare and preferable to my son ending up with one of the many diseases the vaccines prevent.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 3:59 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• To me some vacs are needed while others not so much but being in healthcare I see the benifits of them more so than the risks. Yes all three of my children have had all their vacs with no problems..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:03 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I waited until after a year.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 4:04 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I feel it is something that nobody should do blindly. Research it. Research both sides, and then make an INFORMED decision. Vax, Delay, Don't Vax, but whatever you do, know what you're doing.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:04 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I did my own research and decided the benefits of vaccines out weigh the risks. I think the implications of living in an unvaccinated society would be terrible.

Anonymous

• I trust my doctors -- don't worry, I fully expect to hear the "they aren't gods, do your own researh" argument, but like I said, I *trust* my doctors. I truly beleive that my pediatrician has my childs best interest at heart and would not give her anything he wouldn't give his own kids. Also, he's medically trained, so I also expect him to have done the research so I don't have to. I don't believe he's being paid off by the pharmacutical companies and I don't believe there is any valid reason not to trust him. So if my doc recommends a vaccine, I will do it. My daughter is two, healthy, fully vaccinated and not autistic.
    Anonymous

• hmm I'm not putting any of these ingredients in my baby.

Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 4:44 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Hep B contains 250mcg of aluminum per shot.
    DTaP contains 650mcg of aluminum per shot.
    HiB contains 225mcg of aluminum per shot.
    PCV contains 125mcg of aluminum per shot.
    Hep A contains 250mcg of aluminum per shot.
    Babies who follow the CDC recommended schedule receive 5000mcg of aluminum by 18 months of age. 1,475 mcg alone can come from the 12 and 15 months shots ALONE.
    Aluminum is a neurotoxin. The FDA says 20-25mcg of aluminum a day are safe for babies. Yet, we give them 1,475mcg in ONE day? Even a single does of Hep B is 20 times higher than safety levels!

Yeah. No thanks. And this is just the tip of the iceberg for toxic chemicals in the injections. My opposition to vaccines has nothing to do with Autism either.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 4:48 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I do get my 3 kids vaccinated and it always make me nervous, but if someone doesn't get their child vaccinated, could that not be a cause for CPS to get involved with your family? I wouldn't take that risk.
    Anonymous