I am 5 weeks pregnant and I'm exhausted! How can I get more energy?

My Dr said not to pick up my daughter or anything over 5 lbs and just "take it easy" until 2nd trimester. I have had previous losses, so he wants me to be safe. Well, I used to walk a mile a day with my daughter in her stroller, and I can't do that right now. So just being pregnant in general plus not being able to work out, has totally drained my energy. What can I do to get more energy? Do any of you ladies have any tricks?

pink72princess

Asked by pink72princess at 4:05 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • relax my lady read a lot and get on a lap top
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 4:08 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Sucks being confined huh? I know how you feel. I understand why the doc says not to lift anything over 5 lbs but honestly, babies love to be cuddled and your LO won't understand why Mommy can't pick her up. I love walking too and I can't handle long fast paced distances. But strolling at a medium pace on the treadmill I can do.

lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 4:10 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• U will get more energy in the 2nd trimester. Just enjoy being pampered
    MrsNewMom

Answer by MrsNewMom at 4:13 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• well in my experience the exhaustion is usually the first clue I am pregnant. Honestly, in the beginning I was falling asleep everywhere! It got better on its own.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 4:15 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Wait 'til your 2nd trimester. LOL.
    It's completely normal.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 4:15 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I've heard eating many small portions of protein throughout the day helps, but honestly i was exhausted for the first 5 months, then finally got energy back in months 6 and 7...now i'm back to being even more exhausted than before. I also started taking yoga around 5 months but honestly would come home completely wiped! good luck! nothing really worked for me and i'm thinking i'll be exhausted for the rest of my pregnancy! ah!
    tinac79

Answer by tinac79 at 7:27 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Im in my 7th week now one thing that helped my energy is eating a bigger breakfast. I was only eating cereal and I was dragging at work, tired, quiet. This week I started eating 2 eggos and a glass of OJ...boy did it make a difference I come to work and happily say,"Goodmorning!" instead of being dead tired.
    tinazmail

Answer by tinazmail at 9:47 PM on Jul. 31, 2009