• In the Spotlight:

Bleeding and A Fat Stomach Why? Do you know? Perimenopause?

My stomach feels cold & sticking out. I've been bleeding Bad for close to 2 months Heavily. I'm in my late 40's! What can be wrong? I'm waiting for my doctor's apt. But I don't feel right! Who's bled like me for long periods of time? What Was it? Some thing Female? Perimeopausal? I'm Sad ,Sick & Worried! Can you please help me??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Health

• Not knowing the exact location you are talking about when you say stomach, Im going to guess you are meaning around the area where your reproductive organs might be? If so, I would take a guess at noncancerous uterine fibroids.
    But it also could be hormone related as well.
    When is your appt? I would call your GYN and tell them you need to be seen ASAP..
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 4:47 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I would go to the EMERGENCY ROOM!!! You've been bleeding heavily for TWO MONTHS?! Go to the ER, and have them complete an evaluation. Menopause does NOT involve heavy bleeding--in fact there will be NO bleeding when you reach menopause. You may have ruptured cysts/polyps in your uterus or your ovaries (assuming your "stomach" is your lower abdomen).
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:09 PM on Jul. 31, 2009