Meringue Question

Hello ladies...

I'm going to a BBQ tomorrow and I decided on making a Pineapple Cream Pie. I want to bake the pie tonight, so I want to know if I can do the crust and the filling tonight but add the meringue tomorrow.

If I can't and I do it tonight, can I put it in the fridge over night? Will the meringue be soggy? ANY help would be appreciated.

LaceyAM

Asked by LaceyAM at 4:41 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Food & Drink

• You can bake the pie ahead of time but before you do the meringue it needs to be brought back to room temp. Meringue in the fridge will sweat when removed. It also increases the liklihood of shrinkage. I would do the meringue fresh in the morning.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:53 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Ditto! Do it tomorrow!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 7:07 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Meringue will not survive the fridge over night. Do it in the morning.... I made this mistake last week!
    MaWolf

Answer by MaWolf at 8:48 PM on Jul. 31, 2009