ALWAYS wants to be held..but not by everyone..just me... her Mommy...

OK..does anyone have a cure for this?? My daughter is 2.... I'm a full time working mother..I drop my daugther off at the daycare at 8:00 and hubby picks her up around 4, and I get home around 5:30...so I know she misses me when I get home..so I always greet her and give her big hugs and kisses... but after that its down hill..she always wants me to pack her around..I feel so bad when I tell her no because I know she just wants to love on me since she has been at school all day and she wants attention..how do I stop her from wanting to be held all the time?? Without making myself feel like the bad guy for telling her no mommy isnt going to pick you up your a big girl....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• cook a weeks forth of food in advance so that when you come home you can just through it in the microwave ot oven and sit with her enjoy some quiet time together so many hours at daycare, fending for herself, is most likely overwhelming , and all she wants is you, hold her sit with her have the bedtime ritual prepare things in advance or have her help pull a chair to counter to help cook.... place her near you she'll get the point i hold mine for a few steps and then put them down i tell them your too heave hold my hand... good luck
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 4:48 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• What if you let her "help" you with whatever you're doing?
    If you're making supper then have a little stool so she can wash the veggies or something.

My son loves helping, especially when I'm cleaning. Most of the time it just creates more work for me but he feels happy and enjoys the time he gets to spend with me.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 4:51 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• you dont stop her at all you love her whenever she wants,as the time goes by she will be less clingy because she'll know she can always count on mommy to love her
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 4:52 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• My son is the same way and its almost the identical situation. I let him help cook but he doesn't seem to want to - he wants my full attention so i have done premade meals but he doesn't even want to go in his booster, then the whining starts in- he wants water but then I give him water, then he doesn't want it, he wants milk, then he doesn't want milk etc.. juice, toast. I stop after milk and water. I am not a waitress or a short order cook but the thing that bothers me most is that everyone seems to know he whines for me the most -I just don't know why. I don't tolerate it and he has my FULL attention til bedtime once I get home.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:36 PM on Jul. 31, 2009