is this child abuse?

we always kiss boo boos in are howse and my baby has a rash so he saes "kiss it weiner" to me should i kiss it his weiner or is it wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldn't offer up a kiss for that part personally. Maybe it's time to start telling him that his penis is only his... Instead offer up some diaper cream or something else soothing.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 5:04 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I wouldn't- there are all kinds of ways I can see that going badly. Although you know it was not meant as such, others will see it as something else entirely. One innocent comment on his part to an outsider could cause real problems in your house! Instead maybe blow a kiss to him- I do that when my goddaughter wants me to kiss an owie on her feet after she's been playing outdoors!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 5:04 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• That sounds really awkward. I wouldn't kiss that.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 5:05 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• No, do dot kiss his peepee. I agree with kitten shuga u should tell him that his peepee belongs only to him.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 5:06 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• No, you don't kiss your child's genitals. It's not child abuse but it is frowned upon as inappropriate behavior.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 5:06 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• If he really wants a kiss, kiss ur hand and then pat his undies or diaper, but i wouldnt kiss his pee pee, with DSS these days that can go really badly in so many ways
    Anonymous

• no you do not kiss children;s private parts
    this would be wrong
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 5:09 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• My toddler asked the same of my husband and I, as well as to "kiss a bum."
    We told him that we can't give kisses to make those parts better but that we have "special lotion" that makes owies on his pee pee better.

Now he asks for "special lotion" when he has a rash and we just zinc him up!

We didn't want him asking someone else to kiss his private parts better. There are some sickos out there that would have no problem doing it.
    Anonymous

• Ewww. No! I went through this with my son. You do a air kisses then kiss him all over the rest of his body (in appropriate places) so he forgets you gave a "pretend" kiss to that part of him. Of course we all know some perv is going to come along and tell you that you should do it...

MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 5:13 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• no this sounds wrong. I don't even kiss my sons butt and i know some people love kissing butts. haha.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 5:30 PM on Jul. 31, 2009