Do you have a favorite prayer you say to thank God for all of His blessings?

What do you say, would you like to share it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Um....what about Matthew 6: 10-16? You don't say the Lord's Prayer then because that would be considered "repetitious prayer", right? What's the difference? It says not to pray in vain/babble like pagans who think they will be heard for their many words and then gives you a specific prayer to pray. Again, I seriously doubt that God will turn a deaf ear if I pray to him using words that I've used a dozen times before if that is exactly what is sincerely in my heart.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• In are house we say nite nite prayer and thank god for everything that he has bleesed us with, like my son surviving birth at 24 weeks, the babies grandpa doing better from his cancer and all the other good things that have happened, we really dont have a prayer that is in a book or anything like that that we say
    Anonymous

• We just pray to God and say what we want  to pray about and thank him for all that he does and has done and pray for those who don't believe in him and pray for the less unfortunate.

Pretty simple he knows our hearts.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 5:18 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Since we are warned to not use repiticious {spelling?} prayer we just thank Him for all that He does, all that He is and all that we have from Him in our lives. I just talk to Him at any time when I feel like I need to but mostly because I want too. Sometimes it is just; "THANK YOU LORD!"
    Like when I could not find my cell phone for weeks.
    I prayed about it, tore the house a part looking, called different places that I had been, had my husband search both PUs and my car.
    I found it finally yesterday over on top of the chicken pen. I had taken it off from my blouse when I was cleaning over there and forgot.
    I just simply said, "thank you Lord." I know He saw my smile.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 6:20 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• "Since we are warned to not use repetitious prayer"

Where and why?
    Anonymous

• Well, Yeah, kinda...

Here is my "Prayer of Thanks" to the Great Goddess...

Thank You for this day on Earth
    Ancient Mother who gave me birth
    Healing Mother who keeps me strong
    Crone Mother who brings each new dawn

Thank You for the gift of being
    For blessing me with the wonders of seeing
    For the sounds and feeling of laughter
    and the wisdom learned through pain

Spirit Mother bless me, tomorrow with a day again...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:47 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• SabrinaMBowen: My beliefs may be different, but I'm not afraid to say that's a pretty prayer. Thanks for sharing.
    Anonymous

• I commune with God (Christian) throughout my day and thank him immediately for blessings when I see them as part of my dialogue with him. I also thank him in prayers when I stop and take him for longer prayers and conversations with him.

I do not use repetitious prayers. To me, using a repetitious prayer would be like calling my friend on the phone, repeating the same things to her I said the last 10 times. I don't think my earthly friends would enjoy that very much and I imagine my heavenly father feeling the same way. I think he wants to hear me, as I am and whatever my thoughts are in my own words each and every time I pray. I know I get custom answers from him that are special and personal to me, I should do the same for him when I pray. JMHO. :-)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 7:13 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I think God's happy to hear us whenever we speak to him no matter if it's something we've said a dozen times before or something we are saying for the first time. He knows what's in our hearts and if there's a "formal" prayer that says exactly what we feel I don't think He looks down on us (so to speak) for using it at all.
    Anonymous

• I talk to God like he's standing right in front of me daily, and when I get signs or blessings from him that are of an urgent need, I quickly do a sign of the cross and a big thanks to Him sometimes accompanied by a thumbs up..maybe a chest beat, LOL. I always make sure I thank Him right away, so I don't forget.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 10:35 PM on Jul. 31, 2009