Drinking while breastfeeding?

Okay so dont start the bashing as in I really dont want to hear it (If it happens lol)

But anyways

My family are thinking ahead for the holiday's. They want to do a get together for Thanksgiving and they're going to be drinking (but I'm not, being that I'm going to be pregnant.) Now when it comes to Christmas Eve they're doing a get together then too; so by this time I will have, had my daughter I was wondering if drinking a glass of wine would be okay? - I'm not a big drinker so therefore I'm not going all out; but I was wondering, if just a glass would be alright.

dorkish_face

Asked by dorkish_face at 5:17 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in General Parenting

• One glass of wine shouldn't be a problem. Just wait an hour before nursing again.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 5:18 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• that works for me :)
    dorkish_face

Answer by dorkish_face at 5:21 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Or you can pump and store for that day.
    Anonymous

• Just nurse, then drink. You don't have to pump and dump for one glass of wine. Now if you plan on getting smashed, pump and dump.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 5:28 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• It's fine. Just don't spill your drink. :)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 5:29 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Do not pump and store for that day. That is silly, anon. Having one glass of wine has been shown to be safe. Having a bottle of wine probably isn't a good idea.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 6:03 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• one drink is fine! i agree with petie, nurse then drink! have fun and congrats!
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 6:05 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• here is a link telling you how to do it safely, and how much is okay http://kellymom.com/health/lifestyle/alcohol.html
    personally I don't drink so it's a non-issue for me
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 6:26 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I agree nurse/pump then drink. It's best if you have had at least 2 hours from drink to nursing/pumping again.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:55 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Could someone show where it says to wait or to pump and dump after drinking before breastfeeding if you only have one drink? No established medical professional says that. If you're drunk, yeah, but one drink? No!
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 7:35 PM on Jul. 31, 2009