Do you go by a different name? Not your first name. Why?

Okay so I go by Vanessa. Its my middle name and I love my first name to but people NEVER say it right when I was younger! It is a spanish name and even a few latino people would murder it. So from my senior year of high school on I told everyone my name is Vanessa.

My great grandma from Mexico named me Violeta (vyo-leh-ta) People would actually spell my name and prounce it like this Violetta.

momavanessa

Asked by momavanessa at 5:35 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Alot of people call me Lindy... This isn't a middle name, but is short for one... My name is Marian Leigh Lindberg (both are middle names)... Lindy comes from lindberg... My mother has always called me Lindy, and my father always said Marian...
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 5:37 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Well not by choice. My name is kirsty, but people call me kristy or krystal or christine.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 5:38 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• My name is Michelle, but I go by Chelle more than anything. Have for years.
    t_06_twins

Answer by t_06_twins at 5:49 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I like "Violeta" I guess in english it would be "Violet" correct?

(Veo-letah)

You should have told the people that couldn't pronounce your name to just call you Violet.

But I know what you mean our last name (has the double LL"S ) and the rolling RR"S ons too) is Spanish also and it is hard to talk to someone that doesn't speak spanish to pronounce it it doesn't sound right it sounds fake, almost like they are pronouncing it the way they want...I know that is not the case but they don't know therefore you have to change the pronounciation to english for them.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 5:54 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• They couldnt pronounce your name? They way you pronounced it, was exactly the way it looks like its pronounced. People can be so dumb. No, I dont go by my first name. My parents gave me a first and a middle name like all kids, but decided to call by my middle name. So I go by Brooke. My first name is pronounced just like its spelled, but you wouldnt believe that NO ONE gets it right. Im like...um phonetics people! My first name is DeShawna and its on every single one of my legal documents. My health insurance, my drivers license, every paycheck, everything! So I have to make sure I tell whomever I am talking to that sees it to call me Brooke. I would never never ever call my kids by their middle names. No one knows how much trouble it is until the child goes to school.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 5:59 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• YEAH there are people who do call me Violet. It sounds weird to me so I stick to Vanessa! lol
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 6:00 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Funny thing since my dad isn't Mexican he NEVER called me Violeta!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 6:02 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I go by Mendy. My name is Malinda,which I've never liked. My mom's name is Lynda, and she named me Malinda, so it's easier to just go by Mendy.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 6:02 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I go by Nanci. My full name is Nancianne (Nancy Ann). When I was in school, teachers called me everything but that when they first saw it. My family calls me by my whole name, but friends call me Nanci. I like it better. I have no middle name and so I sepereated it just so when I introduce myself, its easier for people to remember.
    momof1boy

Answer by momof1boy at 6:09 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• My name is Victoria, but I have always gone by Tori. My grandfather started calling me that in the hospital right after I was born. What I think is hilarious is when I tell people that && they're like well where did he come up with Tori?? I'm like Vic-TORI-a. They're like Ooooohh.

People really are lacking on the common sense side these days...lol
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 6:14 PM on Jul. 31, 2009