Question!

I am 36 weeks, 75 % thinned out but not dilated at all. Baby's head is way down low. I have a scheduled c-section for the 21st, but I'm just wondering what the possibilities of me going early would be.. I don't want that.. then I run the risk of my doctor not doing my c-section and that would make me very not happy.

Thanks for any opinions :)

Skye-Angel

Asked by Skye-Angel at 5:42 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Why do you want a c-section? It's MAJOR surgery, do you have health issues that force you to have one? The 21st seems a bit late if you're already at 36 weeks, there is a chance (probably a good one) you will go into labor before then.
    Anonymous

• The 21st isn't late if you're 36 weeks. That will put you at 40 weeks which is full term.

I had a scheduled c-section with my first baby because he was sitting breech. Is there a medical reason you're having a c-section? If you don't mind my asking.

I am desperate for a vbac this time because recovering from my section was not fun at all.

There's always a chance you'll go into labor on your own but there's also always a chance that you wont.
    Especially if this is your first baby then chances are you'll still be pregnant by the time the 21st rolls around.

Anonymous

• This is my 2nd pregnancy. My first was born via c-section. The 19th marks 39 weeks, which is originally when it was supposed to be done.

I'm not worried about recovery. I had a really good experience with my first c-section. My first got stuck and she was only 7lbs 3oz.. I don't want to run into that risk again, which is why I scheduled my c-section.

Oh, and if anyone feels the need to bash me for having a c-section, at least don't post anon like a coward.. to many people hide behind that option when they want to be bitchy.
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 6:44 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• My second is not due until the 30 but my MD's going to do the C-section on the 23. He said that they like to do it at least a week early. Talk to your MD about your concerns. I'm not bashing you for having a c-section my first was a emergancy c-section so I'm going to have one the second time, at least this way I know what to expect.
    Lesli310

Answer by Lesli310 at 7:32 PM on Jul. 31, 2009