Do you think "grandparents" should have the right to force abortion/adoption?

Do you think if a 12-16 year old gets pregnant, her parents should be able to legally force adoption or abortion? If so why? If not why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:51 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No. HELL no.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 5:51 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Um Yes... if they have to support that child.... If all falls on the grandparents.. OF COURSE they do. What if they can't support that child in the first place.

Cut grandparents some slack.... They raised their children, why should they have to raise their grandkids???
    Anonymous

• Abortion is disgusting. No one should be forced to murder their own child.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 5:54 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• plenty of 16 year old mothers can raise their children just fine
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:54 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Considering that the 12-16 year old is a child and still in the "grandparent's" custody...yes, I do. A 12-16 year old is a child, not a mature adult. The parent of that child is responsible for all the decisions and actions of that child. The child does not understand the ramifications that span others based on a stupid decision to have unprotected sex. Just because one can procreate does not a sound parent make. Now, the mature thing for the child and parent to do is adopt the baby out. Some prefer abortion depending on their situation and what they believe. I don't understand what kids are thinking that just because there is nothing else to do that they are out having sex. It is unreal to me. I don't get it.

lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 5:54 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• adoption, yes. abortion, no. If someone is that young, then they are still a child themselves and still their parents responsibility. Therefore, the "grandparents" will be the ones actually taking care of the grandchild, since the "mother" can't even support herself.
    Anonymous

• Plenty of those 16 year olds are raising their children "just fine" on someone else's dime. If you want to have a family, that's awesome and very admirable. However, you should be self sufficient in order to raise your own children without waiting for handouts or expecting someone else to foot the bill for your choices.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 5:55 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• No for abortion, they slacked on their responsibility as a parent a innocent baby should not be murdered because of that! There are many families out there that would love to adopt a baby....... Adoption........ idk if the mother is not going to care for the baby her self then yeah but idk maybe having a test etc that she has to pass to keep the baby? IDK though, all in all it's a really touchy subject and if the parent had just been diligent in the first place then there would be no issue........... But this is all IMO
    Anonymous

• I think if the child is under 16 then they should be able to. First reason being in some places you cant even get a part time job until 16! I think if the child's guardian does not want to sighn paperwork saying they will "care for the infant" the state should take them. I said UNDER 16!
    Anonymous

• Hell no, number one it is not your body, so it is not your decision. Second the mom of the baby is the only one with the legal say of that child. Thanks god parents of teenage girls dont have the right or my oldest DD would not be here. No she did not ruin my life or my plans, her father and I are still together 18 years later with two other great children.
    Anonymous