Anyone think the show 'More to Love' promotes unhealthy body images?

This may be wrong of me, but I saw a commercial for the show 'More to Love' and was bothered by the fact that they referred to the women as 'normal women.' Weighing 200+ pounds isn't 'normal' or 'healthy' in my opinion. Should we really be sending the message that being obese is 'normal?" I don't think so.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:06 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I agree; that isn't normal. Neither are anorexic supermodels. TV only goes to extremes.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 6:13 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• it's normal for those of us over 200 lbs and I don't find men attractive unless they weight 250 or more. Normal is in the eye of the beholder I guess. Healthy is another thing.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:15 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I saw the preview. They are pretty girls, but I think they should try to figure out why the overeat before looking for love. 200 lbs is not normal, nor healthy. I also saw a part where they were crying over the fact that they havent been kissed, or had a real b/f ever. They dont sound emotionaly healthy either.
    Anonymous

• the commercials dont say "normal or healtyh" they say AVERAGE, big differance.. but i agree the show takes it to the extreme the girls on there are between an size 14/16 and up... i think they are actually a lot bigger than they say.. i was recently a 14 just now down to a 12, and i am no where enar as big as the girls on that show,, i know everyone carries their weight different but please, the girls are the same height and size as me ther has to eb some simliarities and there arent
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 6:20 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• My friend is smaller than those girls and she's in a size 21. But, she has incredibly huge boobs.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 6:21 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Its doing the opposite promoting non skinny girls a chance to have a bachelor experience come on.
    Anonymous

• Ok, so they don't call them 'normal', they call them 'average.' Are you telling me the 'average ' woman weights 200 lbs! That doesn't seem right.
    Anonymous

• Naw, we never needed a show to tell us to over eat! lol, turn on any channel and look at all of the fast food commercials. Now THOSE should be banned!
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 6:30 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• "Anyone think the show 'More to Love' promotes unhealthy body images?"

No more so than beauty pageants, fashion shows, or your average store window manakin does.

The fact is that the "average" size woman is much larger than the vast majority of women portrayed on TV & other media outlets.  Being bombarded by images of perfect bodies in perfect skimpy clothes all the time does nothing for the self-esteem of the "average" woman.

I applaud any effort to show that you don't have to have flawless hair, perfect teeth, or fit in a size 0 to be loved & enjoy life.

Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 6:33 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• in america the average size for a woman is a 14/16, so if that means 200lbs than yes that is average for the U.S.
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 6:35 PM on Jul. 31, 2009