Why does my cat do this?!?...aarrgg!!!

My cat is very shy when she wants to be. Well I just want to say is that she doesn't let me pick her up to hold her and love on her. Only when she wants and that is not very often or for too long. My question is why did she let a 3/4 yrs. old pick her up and carry her all over the house I mean she just hung there letting this little girl hold her....that kind of made me mad inside like UH!! This little girl I babysit her and she saw me cleaning out my cats sleeping/potty area so she comes over and says ooohhh! a kitty and just grabbs her my cat did not do a damn thing I guess this is where it upsets me why her and not me (she was alittle rough holding her) maybe my cat likes to be manhandle...lol Anyway when it was time for the little girl to go I tried to grab my cat to hold her she let me lift her and held her for a second and acted all stupid wiggling out of my arms...I don't get it :( Maybe she went into shock w/girl.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:30 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Pets

• A lot of animals are a lot more tolerant with young children. Mine is.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 6:31 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Aw that is such a cute story. Try sitting on the floor and holding your cat. Perhaps it is being so high up in the air that bothers her. Neither of my cats wants me to hold them, but they let my husband hold them.

Answer by Bmat at 6:45 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• It may be that she didn't want to struggle and hurt the little girl. Some animals are like that, but usually not cats. Just about every cat I have had didn't like kids at all.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 7:00 PM on Jul. 31, 2009