AT WHAT AGE DOES A BABY LEARN TO SIT UP ON THEIR OWN?

I FORGET WHEN MY DAUGHTER SAT UP ON HER OWN AND MY SON IS 4 MONTHS OLD AND IM GETTIN VERY ANXIOUS FOR HIM TO START SITTING UP ...LESS HOLDING FOR ME LOL!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hi! my son started sitting up at 5 months but he tipped over once in a while... he sat up totally without tipping at 6 months.
    KatieFlower

Answer by KatieFlower at 9:40 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• all babies are different, in fact, my first born skipped sitting up and went to crawling & pulling up... then, sitting (at about 7 months). my daughter seem to sit up at about 4 months, but was reluctant to do anything else. and my youngest, was pulling up at 4 months, but not sitting until after he started walking at 7 months ~ he was just always on the go - upright.
    i have a 6 month old nephew who is not interested in sitting on his own, at all... but seems to be strong enough. he likes to roll EVERYWHERE!!! and seems ready to pull up on furniture.

i wouldn't worry about sitting, all good things come to those who wait... right? i am sure your baby will sit when he is good an ready. :o)
    Anonymous

• Mine were all early sitters. Between four and five months and I blame that on them outgrowing thier infant car seat so young. LOL. But most babies sit around six to seven months for sure....Have you tried propping your baby up w a boppy? I always sat on the floor w my baby in between my legs and helped the balance. Good luck...all to long that baby will be getting into everything! HAHA!
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 10:05 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I think my daughter started sitting up at about 5 months... but we got one of those "Bumbo" seats... they are excellant to sit your baby in because they wont tip over and it helps them get strong at sitting.
    msp12r

Answer by msp12r at 10:07 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• My son atarted trying to sit up at 4 months. He was still a little wobbly at 5 months. He's 6 months now and is sitting up well. He tips over sometimes but pretty much is steady.
    miss.dee_dee615

Answer by miss.dee_dee615 at 12:09 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• thanks i bought the bumbo seat before he was even born lol...sad huh? but i been putting that in him and he just gets so mad all he does is cry and grrrrr until i take him out of it...hes a whiner he always wants to be held never put down around huis toys...not complaining but mommy sure could use some alone time or adult timelol thanks guys for ur answers!
    ShYmAmA08

Answer by ShYmAmA08 at 8:35 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• My first son sat up around 6 mo but my second is now almost 7 mo and is lazy! He would rather roll around or kick his feet and play with his toes. Drives me nuts that the little bugger won't sit up! He has the strength and the ability, just not the desire. I got him a bumbo seat but his legs are so fat that the circulation gets cut off and his legs turn purple so no using that for him anymore :(
    blogginmomma

Answer by blogginmomma at 8:29 PM on Jan. 1, 2009