Is this where you would want YOUR tax dollars going?

Talk about a stimulus package.

The National Endowment for the Arts may be spending some of the money it received from the Recovery and Reinvestment Act to fund nude simulated-sex dances, Saturday night "pervert" revues and the airing of pornographic horror films at art houses in San Francisco.

The NEA was given $80 million of the government's $787 billion economic stimulus bill to spread around to needy artists nationwide, and most of the money is being spent to help preserve jobs in museums, orchestras, theaters and dance troupes that have been hit hard by the recession.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,535608,00.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:43 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

• If true, lovely. Just lovely. :(
    sunnymom3

Answer by sunnymom3 at 6:47 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• You got to be pulling my chain.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 7:04 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Yes, it is true! I saw the piece on the news. They showed a few fragments of the movie. I was horrified. At least one of the groups was in San Francisco.

It makes me want to barf. The taxes we pay could be put to better use for things for our autistic child.....instead we get to help fund porn. NASTY.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:18 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Surprised I mean we will be helping pay for others abortion as well.This just adds to the Sodom and Gomorrah package.
    Anonymous

• Oh please, more complaining about the NEA? The Repubs must really be missing Jerry Falwell these days, they need him to define the line between art and obscenity again. Someone is always crying about which artists the NEA funds.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 7:43 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I'm not going to confirm that this story is true or false, because come on its FAUX news. But the National Endowment for the Arts previously received funds under Bush. They are screened to receive aid and grant money, which they then give to San Francisco Art Organizations.

Did you whine when Bush gave them money?

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 7:45 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• If this happened under Bush and I knew about it yes i'd of whined then too.
    Anonymous

• This did happen, the NEA was funded and they gave that money to the same SF Art Organizations that they are now. Many of you say you disagreed with Bush's policies but that's funny...because I didn't hear a single Republican on CM up to Obama's inauguration day denouncing Bush.

So cut the crap.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 7:59 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• lol that is a load but for one I personally was not around CM during most of Bush's term's.Yes there were indeed republican's who did not agree with everything Bush did and they spoke it.Some went as far as to vote for Obama.
    Anonymous