ok maybe im over reacting but need opinions please

i went over to check on a friend today who has some major health issues as i pulled up so did my ex and his wife. so we went in together to check on the friend. the friend asked if i cut my hair im like and also put purple in it, my ex was like huh so i un did my hair and showed him and he was like oh black and purple and the wife said yeah 2 toned like a bird a black and purple bird you know what that is right? and she said really snotty like then made comments on how smart she is cause she is in college and how hard it was and i said that i was at the same school few years ago and know how it goes and she just rolled her eyes then started rambling on about psychology and makin comments about sluts and looked at me when she said them...i felt like she was attacking me in a way...also should say my ex became my ex because she broke us up...but im over it and glad i didnt end up with him.....CONTIUEd

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• Apparently being in university doesn't require any amount of maturity!
    She must be threatened by you or else why would she put forth so much effort to try and belittle you in front of your ex?

I too have a hard time keeping my mouth shut when I feel like I'm being picked on and try to remind myself to be the bigger person.
    She is lacking class.

Also, apparently her "wit" isn't as hilarious as she thinks it is because no one else seems to know what her "purple and black bird" comment is supposed to mean.
    Anonymous

• i see it all as water under the bridge.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like she is VERY insecure about her relationship with your ex. A lot of women look at the ex as a threat, and she may be one of them. I would take every nasty comment as a compliment to how threatened she feels :)
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 7:02 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I agree with Emuu. Don't let anything she says get to you and try to be SUPER nice to her when you have to be around her.
    Anonymous

• op here
    also does anyone know what a black and purple bird means? i never heard of that remark til today
    Anonymous

• i agree with the above but then again when i get pissy i let it be known ( friends love that about me lol ) i know how to keep my cool but at a certin point thats it...i myself wouldve ignored her first but after a lil i would be like ohhh are u talken again? or the good old...did u say something? as for your hair i bet she couldnt pull it off some peopel can pull it off and look great ( my dh's x wife ) were i wouldnt be able to. i would be able to pull off red streaks..lol.. anyways next time she starts her crap again just give her the " yeah what ever look " or roll your eyes and shake your head and keep going on with your conversation.. sooner or later she will see u wont keep quiet and she wont want to push u anymore stop being nice if need be and if she brings that up say i tried but u act like a jerk so why should i bother. or waste my time.. i have "played" there game before and they soon stop. i will stand up 4 myself
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 7:14 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Either she is insecure or she is jealous of you. Ignore her and negative comments people in general make.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 7:18 PM on Jul. 31, 2009