bipolar

i went to my doctor today for my depression and after talking a bit and giving him the low down on the other meds ive taken in the past and my feelings, etc...he said i may have bipolar. he is a good doctor and i trust him. he said i may have been misdiagnosed in the past and that is why none of the meds i was taking gave me any relief. i have only had one manic episode in my life and it was nearly 10 years ago. it lasted several months. i have had many depressive episodes. i went to the doctor today for just depression which i have been struggling with for a while now. i dont have any manic symptoms. is it possible i am bipolar? do you have bipolar? what can i expect to happen in my future. i know someone with bipolar and she is so nuts she has to live in a nursing home. im scared.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:09 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Health

• I have a bipolar friend and as long as she takes her meds she is fine. She is a dear lady and I love knowing her. If it is bipolar, you should find that with proper medication you feel so much better. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 7:22 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• My MIL is bipolar. She too doesn't experience manic highs however she does the lows. She has other medical problems and doesn't take her meds the way she should. She's one of those who thrives on negative attention rather than doing what she should to lead a normal healthy life.

I think if you stick to your meds and talk about your feelings you will lead a happy normal life. Good luck to you and remember to stay POSITIVE!
    busybee68

Answer by busybee68 at 7:42 PM on Jul. 31, 2009