Has anyones tween tried proactive for acne?

My 9 yr old dd has blackheads and just some very mild acne but it still seems to bother her quite a bit. I was wondering if anyone has bought this for their tween? Does it work and how well?
Thanks in advance

momthruivf

Asked by momthruivf at 7:13 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• i personally have tried proactive - it didnt really work for me, but i dont think i was as consistent as i should of been. i do know people that it has worked for. everyones skin is different. i finally found a product called clenziderm that works for me. if you wanted to know how to order clenziderm for her, message me - it definatly would work, but its alittle more on the expensive side. not TOO bad though. proactive is cheaper though, and it works for some people, so you could give that a try too. acne is very embarassing. i would get her something now, and start to get it under control before it gets worse and she gets older.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:48 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I tried it and it didn't work...I ended up going to the dermatologist and my face cleared up with the prescriptions he gave me.
    Anonymous

• i tried that when i was a teenager and it was really expensive and didnt work. but i had it really bad.
    mudgirl

Answer by mudgirl at 5:05 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• proactive in small print side effects. In some cause it works great and clears it up but once you start to uses you have to continue it. The down fall is in some cases it has know to make the acne worse and have a mass break out.

naola79

Answer by naola79 at 9:54 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• My 9yo DD has the same thing. I bought her Clean & Clear Foaming Cleanser. She uses it every night when she showers. It works great. Maybe try it or something similar before ordering Proactive.
    bracketrat

Answer by bracketrat at 2:33 PM on Sep. 13, 2009