is it normal to always feel like you have to poop?

I'm now 32 weeks along and the baby just dropped slightly as of last week. I feel like i have to go to the bathroom almost constantly and it's annoying bc i'm constipated lately. Is this normal bc of the pressure? She obviously is getting big in there but I just want to be sure...

Thanks!

tinac79

Asked by tinac79 at 7:17 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• didnt have that feeling till it was time to go to hospital..at 3 am woke up..have to go to bathroom...nothing..laid back in bed...nope i have to go to the bathroom...went into bathroom...nothing...next thing u know i was on my way to hospital ( 330am ) he was coming...my mom said the samething when she was getting ready to have me she had to poop..... keep that in mind. good luck xo
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 7:22 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Well it's normal to feel some sort of pressure, however I think you should ask your doctor, since usually the nurse asks you to let he know when you feel like you want to poop, since that is a clear sign that you are about to deliver... it might be happening due to the constipation and size of the baby, but I think that better safe than sorry :)
    Anonymous

• it's more like just a bit of pressure and it goes away if she moves around....i'm praying it's just the position of the baby! i really want her to come in September when she's due!!!!
    tinac79

Answer by tinac79 at 7:36 PM on Jul. 31, 2009