Does your nearby park have water sprinkles?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in General Parenting

• There is a nearby park that has a sprinkler for the kids to play in. I think it is operated by a button or something so that it only comes on when there is someone there to play with it. My dd is only 2 1/2 so I haven't taken her there to play in it yet. I take her to the other park with the playground equipment.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 7:25 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• no but i wish they did lol..if they did i would know what time they came on....kids get in the van its almost time!!!lol
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 7:19 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• we have a local spray/water park..daughter loves it!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 7:26 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• We have three in our city. My 2 and 3 year old LOVE them. There is a post that you rub your hand over the top-that turns the water on. All the kids know how to start the sprinklers! Lol!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:31 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• we have five parks in walking distance; 2 have them

Answer by rkoloms at 10:13 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Yes and they are just as broken as they were 20 years ago when I was a kid. The spout on one of the sprayers is busted so most of the water gets diverted to that one so it kind of just bubbles out while the other 3 sprayers barely spray anything. 20 years and it has never been fixed. It's usually on all summer long, day and night so the ground is all gross and slippery so some kind of shoes are needed. My kids have never played in it and I really never did as a kid either. I didn't need to since we've always had a pool in our yard (since I was 5).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:08 PM on Jul. 31, 2009