Don't you hate that other parents take toys to the park?

Is too distracting for my toddler. He keeps pointing his attention to the toys of others.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:19 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's frustrating when a parent of a toddler brings a huge amount of toys and no one can touch them, yet leaves them in the sandbox. If they bring toys, the parents need to keep up with them, and not get upset when my 2 year old can't distinguish between a park toy and a special toy. I am comfortable telling my child no, but it's hard when a mom comes up and nastlly says "that's my son's shovel" when our park has shovels there. I don't know!
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 7:38 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• no it doesnt bother me. we normally take a ball for andy to play with at the park
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 7:22 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I'm sorry, but what business is it of your's? I don't take toys to the park because we are there for my daughter to run around and play with other children, but even if I did, it wouldn't be any of your business.

I do often bring snacks for my duaghter, water and graham crackers or cheerios. Got a problem with that too?
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 7:22 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Good point! What about a ball? Some kids don't have the yard to play ball and the park is a placw where they can play with one.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 7:23 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Ummm, no it doesn't bother me.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 7:24 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Then why don't you just take your own toys to the park? Or have certain toys that are just for the park so your son isn't playing with them all time then he will be interested in them at the park?
    Anonymous

• i also just go for kids to run and play my 3 yr old knows..no not yours.. and hes fine..i too bring snacks and juice but wouldnt bring enough for whole park just my kids..i also got my kids icecream off the icecream truck and let me tell u the other parents wernt happy cause all they heard is i want an icecream too... i did feel bad but it was hot and a treat for my kids they were being good..shoulnt make me the monster...if i were rich icecreams all around...
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 7:26 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• No.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 7:26 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Parks are for playing. There are no rules that toys cannot be brought from home. If there is a sandbox, what the hell are the kids supposed to do in the sandbox without toys? So..bring their own. I agree that it's none of your business if others bring toys. Just tell your toddler, "Yes, they brought toys, they're not yours, though" and bring some of his own next time, Mom.
    Anonymous

• Midol??
    Anonymous