what is a black and purple bird? i had that comment made to me today i think its degrading comment but havent heard the term till today

i tried lookin online but only got purses in my search results....i think i been under a rock to long lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Lol! I saw your earlier question. It sure sounded like she was putting you down, but I have no idea how!! There are beautiful black/purple birds in West Africa. So I do know what the bird is, but am not sure what the insult is!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:33 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Never heard of it.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:32 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I tried searching it and got nothing specific.
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 7:38 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Purple Martin? They start to migrate to Brazil in the middle of August. Having said that, they aren't black and purple just a deep purplish black. I'm in southern NJ and we look forward to them migrating every year.
    busybee68

Answer by busybee68 at 7:38 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• In what context was the phrase used? That may help figure out the meaning.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 7:39 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I saw your previous post and I truly believe she is just jealous of you.

She could have meant you look like a black/purple bird to her and that obviously sounds like she wishes she could do the same to her hair but can't so take it as a compliment.

I think she was trying to start something or make you feel bad.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 7:41 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• What post was this?
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 7:54 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• i looked on slang words and it said something about african american men....it really didnt give a real meaning.i think it was dirty.i dont know what race you are maybe african american but thats what it implicated.something about the body parts of a african american man.....i may be wrong.but i did try....i will be curious to see.i have a friend at work who is from haiti who tells me what all the slang terms are and if someone is saying something he will tell me.i will ask him...
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 7:54 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I must be getting old. I have never heard that before. Where is the post?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:10 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I have never heard that before either...but then I am sheltered!
    Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 8:38 PM on Jul. 31, 2009