2 cm and contractions

im 2 cm dialated at my last appt.. my stomach has been hardening/tightening a lot over the past 2 days. i was up a lot last night. it's so uncomfortable... im 39 weeks. once your dialated.. are they still considered braxton hicks? or are they real contractions? should i call my doc and let him know>?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if they are far apart then i would say wait on call the doc. if they are close together yes, when i got to the hospital i was only at a 3 but my contractions were 5 to 2 mins apart so i don't think it matters how dialated you are!! Good Luck
    RCPerry511

Answer by RCPerry511 at 7:34 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• EVEN IF YPU ARE DIALATED THEY ARE STILL BRAXTON HICKS. UNLESS YOU ARE IN LABOR. IF THEY INCREASE IN FREQUECY AND START GETTING WORSE IS REAL LABOR
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 7:37 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• i am 6 cm and dr said not to get to the hospital till contractions are 5 min apart for about an hour. So if they are far apart I would say they are braxton hicks and they can be painful!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 8:17 PM on Jul. 31, 2009