odd?hmm....

my 3 month old daughter wont eat baby cereal,i've even put it in her bottle,its like she knows,so we tried baby food well only applesauce so far,is that ok.she really likes it.

alaina_20

Asked by alaina_20 at 7:31 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 3 months is awfully early! 6 months is the recommended age and many wait even longer. I wouldn't give her a lot as her digestive system may not be mature enough for solids. If she starts to cry a lot or has problems pooping, I would slow down with the solids. Btw, some of my kids never liked the cereal stuff!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:36 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Only rice ceral is recommended after 4 months. The recommended time frame is rice cereal between 4-6 months of age then begin with veggies, only doing one at a time, for allergy reason. Dont put it in her bottle unless she is mentally'/developmentally challenged or needs it for GERD.

Of course talk to her Dr, but the AAP doesnt recommend it before then. Some are ok, some babys do ok, while others dont.
    Anonymous

• Yeah 3 months is pretty early to start on solid foods. Her digestive system is still figuring things out and to introduce new foods so early could cause her stomach upset, constipation or acid reflux.

Maybe she's refusing it because her body isn't ready. Infants are pretty instinctual.
    Anonymous

• dont put it in her bottle. give it to her by spoon, if she wont take it by spoon she is too young to eat it then. have you tried giving her cereal with added flavor? like my daughteer loves oatmeal with banana in it. however 3 months is REALLY young to start that.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:17 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• 3 months is VERY early to put a baby on cereal!!!
    Anonymous