How to get rid of diaper rash?

Is there anything more I can do other than use cream/powder and naked time?

HolliBerry21

Asked by HolliBerry21 at 7:40 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• a warm bath and baby powder
    calcarsmom1980

Answer by calcarsmom1980 at 7:43 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Every single one of my kids was different. Try different brands of cream - Butt Paste worked GREAT with one. For one, the ONLY thing that cleared him up was a cotton diaper (cloth) and keeping him dry and clean.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:46 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Zinc always worked for us but if it's really bad you might want to ask your doctor. Friends of ours son had terrible diaper rash, to the point of it looking like herpes. I'm pretty sure they had to get medication for it.

Anonymous

• well u can give ur child a bath in baking soda and i would look into changing ur wipes.my daughter had the same issue and i tried everything and then i found out her wipes had alcohol in them which was makin her break out.so we changed her wipes and has been diaper rash free for a month and a half good luck
    alaina_20

Answer by alaina_20 at 7:47 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I no longer use a diaper ointment... I use Vaseline total moisture conditioning lotion. IMO it works better then Butt Paste (which was my favorite) and Desitin...
    Are you sure it isn't the diapers you're using? When my son was first born I tried Pampers Swaddlers, and he had a diaper rash for two weeks... I was in tears explaining to the doctor that I'd tried EVERYTHING... Switching diapers fixed the rash.
    But I really recommend trying the Vaseline lotion. It isn't any more expensive, it goes on WAY easier, and there's no mess to clean up... I had a hard time getting diaper ointment wiped off a dirty butt...
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 8:21 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I have been using the same kind of diapers for the past 2/3 months but I did just recently change wipes. I went and looked and didn't see any alcohol in them. I did try giving her a bath tonight, only time will tell I guess. Thank you everyone.
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 8:31 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Have you been to the doctor over this? I don't mean to alarm you, but a friend was complaining of her daughter's diaper rash being horrible... It turned out to be a yeast infection.... If that isn't it, just try to keep her dry; and clean. Which it sounds like you're doing that already... Good luck to you...
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 8:38 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I ONLY use Aveeno Baby Diaper rash cream. It is SUPER SUPER thick, stays in place, doesn't rub off on the diaper or come off when she wets her diaper. Ususally clears it up completely in 3 days or less. Of course I also give her warm baths and nakey time......but the aveeno is the best I've used.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on Aug. 1, 2009