Anyone else tired of it...

I am so tired of myDH attitude! If I ask him to do something he gets all bitchy, I take care of 3 kids all day and he isn't working right now so I take care of him to. Sometimes I think he doesn't even like us anymore, he never hangs out with us, he used to be so helpful, I don't know what happened but I am sick of it. Anyone else sick of their SO not helping out more?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:48 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• I definitely get sick and tired of my DH not helping out around the house. Mine at least is working full time though.

Have you said anything to yours? Like, calmly, not yelling or nagging?
    Is it possible that he's feeling slightly depressed about being out of work? Sometimes when my DH is being particularly useless and grumpy it's because he's stressed about other things.

Men's brains are much different from women's! lol
    Women can have a multitude of feelings happening at once but still be able to function enough to get shit done.
    Men however are a "one thought at a time" kind of breed.

Maybe after the kids are in bed try and have a talk with him. Ask if he's feeling ok about things and be genuine.
    If he says everything is fine then he really has no excuse to be a lazy s.o.b.
    Anonymous

• God yes...I work part time and take care of our daughter....he used to work full time but now it is slow and he has barely worked in the past month. Then he has the audacity to bitch at me about household chores while I'm at work!!!! Oh and he has been out with his friends every weekend. Over it.
    Anonymous

• How long has he been out of a job? Do you think it's stress causing him to act that way because he doesn't have a job? Is he even looking for one? You should sit down with him and express your concerns and just listen and be there for him.
    Anonymous

• Guess u can get tired Im 5 months pregnant and I all around house, but I know if I ask my DH to help he helps moping, dishes. During the week he works leaves home at 5am and isnt back to 8pm he has a 2 hour drive so I cant ask him to help out. I have to be considerate of him working and his long drives. Asking does help on days Im tired and I know he will help ...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on Aug. 2, 2009