Birth control or God?

Recently a co-worker of mine told me she was totally shocked that she was pregnant and that God must have wanted her to have a baby at this time. When I asked her if she was preventing it in any way she told me no that she figured God wouldn't give her more than she could handle. (Even though she is not ready for this baby) My question now is, how many people believe in using God as their ONLY birth control? I just can't understand how you can not expect little swimmers to not find their way to an egg eventually if you don't use a form of birth control. It is just a matter of time before it would happen if you didn't use anything. Did you skip health class?
Don't get me wrong, I understand some people believe in God and thats great but how many of you use him as your birth control? Is there a limit to how much you leave up to God?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Not me LOL.
    I figure the Divine gave us brains to use when it comes to many things including whats best for our family. Recognizing when to stop, preventative measures to choose from to aid,etc.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:55 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I leave alot of my life up to God, but when it comes to having children, God blessed me with the ability to have a baby but I choose when..
    lalasmom8

Answer by lalasmom8 at 7:57 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Well I too had my first baby that way, and that's how we all took it. It's not like I disagree with BC but its not 100 precent foolproof either. Both of my kids were surprises and both were blessings and things worked out. I don't think your co-worker means that's all she's relying on, just that it was meant to be at this time.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 7:57 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Not me LOL.

*****THIS*****
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:03 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• LOL, I don't "use God as my birth control", but I don't use any synthetic birth control either. We use NFP and it has worked quite well for us.
    Anonymous

• "christians are just ridiculous"

And that answered the question huh?
    Anonymous

• Using the BC pill is also killing the sperm which is the life.
    There are other preventive ways to not get pregnant. Every woman knows her cycle. Most husbands know it as well.
    I never had to worry about it because God blessed us with 1 live birth, a son also that waits for me in Heaven and then I had a total hystorectomy at 22.
    Our other children came from other woman's wombs. I am blessed.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 8:14 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Do you think that when a guy masturbates he is killing life? Also, some women can get pregnant while not ovulating.
    Anonymous

• purpulbutterfly...no one cares what your opinion of a certain religion is..that's not the point of the question.
    and a pp is correct in saying we were given brains to know how/when is a good time, if possible, to have children...whether you attribute that to God/a god/goddess/etc. it sounds like some people rely on God too much, rather than use the abilities he gave them, as creator, to determine what is good for their lives. maybe that way, if something isn't right, or good, they can blame Him, too??? idk.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:39 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• God gave us brains. While I would prefer to use NFP, with my cycle (ranging from 15 to 60 days and I never know what it is going to be), I have to use BC pills. My DH and I cannot afford another baby and while we are both Christians and believe in God, we also believe that God gave us brains and common sense for a reason. He (God) is not exactly dropping pay raises on us or food or clothing or furniture. WE still have to come up with that stuff. I am not going to take any chances of having another baby right now when we are barely keeping food on the table for the 3 we already have.
    Anonymous