Socialism For or Against?

Are you for socialism and if so, have you thoroughly studied the history of it and the past countries that have embraced it? What is it that you like about it?

TBandNCmommy

Asked by TBandNCmommy at 8:02 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Seriously? I am without a doubt 100% AGAINST socialism. Socialism is un-American.
    sunnymom3

Answer by sunnymom3 at 8:05 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• LMAO! I have never even seen a real socialist posting on these boards. Just because you are buying into the conservative rhetoric doesn't make all the Dems and other liberal posters socialists.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 8:08 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• When government takes all these power grabs/control of such things it is indeed working towards socialism stacy but I know I know you will refute lol.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:10 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• AGAINST!!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:10 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• but I know I know you will refute lol.
    ______________
    Yep, you are right, I will refute it! Socialism is a very different animal that I would ever, ever support or wish for. Just because I think that certain services should be supported by our government doesn't mean I am not a capitalist, or a believer in democracy.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 8:25 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Stacy we are pushing our way towards socialism come on girl.I mean seriously we have government power grabs going on left and right...GM take over...banks....they want the healthcare.Which obviously government controls then they make the rules.Besides government prorams now are lousey medicare/cade and the running of DMV the public school system,social security why not try and work on fixing the prblems there instead of implementing YET MORE government programs...that just does not make sense to me.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:29 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• why not try and work on fixing the prblems there instead of implementing YET MORE government programs...that just does not make sense to me.
    _________________________________
    Ok, I get where you are coming from. I can see your point. But disagreeing with your philosophy does not make me a Socialist. A Socialist believes in complete government ownership of all production. They believe in a totalitarian-type of leadership. They believe that the Government should own all the land, and everything on it. Do you see that? That is just not at all what I or any other Democrat believes. Fer cryin out loud, I have been a business owner for 4 years. I am a capitalist, dammit! lol
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 8:41 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Just not a "pure" capitalist. I believe there has to be regulations, for the protection of the people. De-regulation has caused this financial crisis, and that is a fact.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 8:42 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Stacy but but we are going that way in my opinion and i'm hardly the only one who sees that.I mean bit by bit it has been coming and now it is just getting more obvious.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:44 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I mean bit by bit it has been coming and now it is just getting more obvious.
    __________________________
    More regulation =/= Socialism by any stretch. It just means more regulation. You are buying into a slippery slope fallacy. It is not a convincing argument. Now, if Obama decides that he will be president for life, and takes away people's businesses, (not buy them with a bailout when they are failing and then insist on a say in how they are run, but comes to my store and takes away my cash register), I will be saying the things you are. But right now, I believe the Gov, who we give a lot of money to, has an obligation to represent the best interests of the people.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:00 PM on Jul. 31, 2009