for those who have had their tubes tied....

i have decided to ge my tubes tied but need to know what i should do next. do i need to find a surgeon to do it or will my obg recommend me one? how long was the operation? what was your recovery time? any help is truly thanked

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:03 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Health

• I had mine done after the birth of my third child so most of your questions I can not answer but my OB did mine, it took less than 30 min because I already had the epi in place, i was fine with mine no pain or discomfort because they didnt use the gas on me to move my organs out of the way, but i have heard that is the worst part the gas after words but not the kind you can fart out.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:07 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• so my mom was standing right here when i read this, and she said she told her dr while she was still rpegnant she wanted her tubes tied and she said right after she had me and was still laying on the bed that her own dr did it right there, he made a small opening in her belly button and did it there and it didnt take that long at all..
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:15 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• My OB is doing mine. Depending on the dr will depend on if they do it right after you give birth. My dr unfortunatly will not do it unless I have a c-section. So I have to wait 4 weeks until after I give birth. I am making that appt before I leave the hopsital!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 8:27 PM on Jul. 31, 2009